Washington D.C.
3/4 Men
October 26th, 2008
The long of it was the warmup. The short of it was that 3 minutes into a 45 minute long race, I was in about 7th, going through the 3rd major turn on the course. One of the guys in front crashed. I ran into the guy who ran into him. The guy behind me caught his pedal in my spokes, dragging my rear wheel towards the ground. At that point someone else ran clean over the wheel. I was too far from the pit to get my spare bike, and by the time I'd started even going there I was almost in last place.
The rim was even cracked at a spoke hole:
| From DCCX Cyclocross |
I decided it wasn't worth fighting through the field for 75th out of 90 people. Watched the end of the race, had a beer and some frites, and drove home.
No comments:
Post a Comment