Chimborazo Cross
Richmond, VA
October 11, 2008
A Men
DNF
I had planned to move up to the A race in the Virginia series for this
season. One A race and I knew I wasn't ready for it.
The race started well enough- I was on the front row and I was in the
lead group of about 6. I stayed there for about a half lap. On one of
the off-camber descents, a rider in front of me washed out a little and
slowed just a little. I almost ran into him- all momentum lost and with
it, the front group. I chased for 2 laps, and it was clear I just didn't
have the legs, lungs, or motivation. The top section was very windy, and
without a group to ride in, the headwind was brutal.
As the last-placed B rider (who started 1 minute behind us) was about to
pass me, I got out of his way and dropped out.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment